January 8, 2015

The Second Week

The first week of January was massively successful, not only in my 2015 Reading Challenge. Aside from that, I also have a generic reading journal. It's a goal-keeping mechanism: for every week in which I read five books, I get to buy one full-price book. In no other case do I get to buy a full-price book (bookstore sales and used bookstores are highly discouraged; library sales are less discouraged but still frowned up). Since I started this system back in September '14, I have not been able to allow myself a full-price book.

Until the first week of January. Which I think is a pretty good omen!


(The line-up for last week, if you're interested, was Burial at Thebes by Seamus Heaney, Storm Thief by Chris Wooding, The Gates by John Connolly, Showdown by Ted Dekker, and The Bane Chronicles by Cassandra Clare et al.)

So I was able to satisfy a long-lasting lust for this book, Antigoddess by Kendare Blake. I've heard nothing but good things, Blake's writing was quite nice in Anna Dressed In Blood, and this synopsis so up my alley it might as well be the alley. So I'm excited to read this.


I have a couple items I could check off this week - nonfic, graphic novel, thriller, female author - but the one I'm going with is A Book My Mom Loves, which in this case is Goodbye, Mr. Chips by James Hilton. I have absolutely no idea what it's about, but the cover looks cute and it's pretty brief so it should be enjoyable! (My mom also says I remind her of Mr. Chips. We shall see.)

So that's the upcoming week in literature. I doubt I'll make my quota this week - first week of the spring semester and all that - but here's hoping!

Joyous Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment